Still Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Still Bored

Chit chat, silliness, griping

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snowed in!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Starfireone

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Snowed in! Empty
PostSubject: Snowed in!   Snowed in! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:28 pm

Got about a foot that fell last night and another foot of snow on the way tomorrow.

Unbelievable storm - 40 to 50 mph winds off the lake, a 100 car pileup and notices on all channels by the sherriff's dept to stay off the roads. They upgraded warnings from winter storm warning to blizzard conditions and we definitely got our blizzard!

I'm so thankful I already got groceries, have power, internet and the cable is still working, got my kids home and don't have to go out. I"m soooo glad I don't work at the hospital any more.

My daughter works from home (she answers phones for home shopping network, lol!) too so we can hibernate here until the plows are able to get out. They actually pulled all the snowplows and salt and sand trucks off the roads because it was so bad. I can't remember that ever happening here. I"ll try to get a photo when it gets light. My car was buried in a drift and only a few inches of antenna was showing. Not sure what I may find in the morning! 2 feet of snow can actually pile into drifts up to 6 feet or so when there's 50 mph gusts of wind.
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

Number of posts : 265

Snowed in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed in!   Snowed in! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:56 pm

Eek, good luck!
We're still waiting to see what the weather pattern will be before traveling on Tuesday. I'd say it's 50%/50% we'll end up spending Christmas at home.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Number of posts : 1771
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Snowed in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed in!   Snowed in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:45 am

Snowed in! 100_0494

Just cold and blowing leaves here Razz

All those leaves from the center to the right are migrating in the wind. You can see a few in the air Laughing
Back to top Go down
OddEvie

OddEvie

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Snowed in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed in!   Snowed in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Well, we are having cold (40s-50s) where I am... and rain. That's tough times for us wimps!

My sister and bro-in-law are planning to travel to the Detroit area on the 26th, to visit with their son and family. Boy, are they in for a cold shock!

affraid
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Number of posts : 1771
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Snowed in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed in!   Snowed in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:15 pm

I hope they can get in... My friend up there says there's lots of snow. Probably be no problem since they deal with it all the time.
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Number of posts : 384

Snowed in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed in!   Snowed in! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:12 pm

OddEvie wrote:
Well, we are having cold (40s-50s) where I am... and rain. That's tough times for us wimps!

My sister and bro-in-law are planning to travel to the Detroit area on the 26th, to visit with their son and family. Boy, are they in for a cold shock!

affraid

The 26th would be a good time to go actually. They wouldn't have made it through if they came before then probably though, with those two huge storms one right after another. The heavy snow is supposed to end Christmas night.

By the 26th the plows will have already cleared it all out and there is only light snow forecast for then so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snowed in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed in!   Snowed in! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snowed in!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Still Bored :: Main nonsense :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: