Still Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Still Bored

Chit chat, silliness, griping

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cerri's House Hunting Delights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Number of posts : 1771
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Cerri's House Hunting Delights Empty
PostSubject: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Maybe she'll post some links to houses and regale us with tales of her hunting exploits Laughing
Back to top Go down
HPCerri

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: HAHAHAHAH!   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Maybe we can make my decision a democratic one. LOL

Here is one house I have always liked since I started the search.
http://www.athomeutah.com/fine/real/estate/home_view/849873

take the home tour, they have put hardwood in the LR and the kitchen. I am fond of the ducky bathroom. HEheheh.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:50 pm

That's not the one with the red kitchen Razz
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:39 am

Cool! I hope you get the house you want!
Back to top Go down
HPCerri

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:11 pm

I would kill for this kitchen, but can I live with this living room???? blehhhhhhhhhhhhcccchchchchchchh! LOL

http://www.athomeutah.com/cgi-bin/real?pge=home_view&mlsno=876369&nlfrom=ereese1046@aol.com

hope this works
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:04 pm

The kitchen is awesome. Judging from the pic it looks like the decor is making the living room look way worse. The arched fireplace on its own won't be so bad without the rococo furnishings around it.
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Also, from the front, it looks just like my house, which dates from 1972. I have a stone wall fireplace though, and the original vintage kitchen, but it's open with lots of work space. If that house is built by the same people who built mine, it's built like a tank. Mine is so well insulated that the heating bill has never even hit $200 even in a month where the high was 11 degrees. The living area being on the upper story seriously reduces heating bills, along with the normal height ceilings, plus mine has vinyl double pane windows. As I say I can't be sure just looking at the pic, but the info on there makes me think it's at least built using a very similar blueprint.
Back to top Go down
HPCerri

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Thanks MoD! I guess it is time to face my fears and actually talk to a realtor. Hehehehe. Commitment is a dirty word to me.

I could strip the paint off the fireplace, and replace the carpets. It all depends on what the rest of the house is like. If I have to do lots of renovations, it really IS out of my budget range/

Smoochies,
Cerri
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:42 pm

We screened out houses that needed lots of work. I went and looked at the Tudor style castle that looked so great online and the interior was only half finished, the roof was wood and it was backed up to open BLM land meaning I'd have to re-roof even though the roof was brand new if I didn't want it to be a wildfire hazard. Also, he'd scooped out the cliffside to nest the house in and hadn't built re-enforcements to hold back the hillside in case of heavy rains. It was hard to do but I walked away from my dream home and bought a rock solid 1972 house (albeit with a killer view out two sides) that was ready to move into. Realtors had lived here since the late 80's so they did all needed improvements over the years like the vinyl windows, more insulation and a new roof...they didn't bother with granite countertops and cosmetic stuff other than new paint and carpet, just practical things that reduced energy bills. Plus they left the appliances, and while they are older, it saved me from having to lay out another 5 k for them.
I think you'll be happy owning...there's the PITA factor like having to deal with burst pipes, etc. instead of calling a landlord, but it's your house and you can do whatever you want, and there's no loud neighbor you can't stand sharing walls with you.
Back to top Go down
HPCerri

PostSubject: I FOUND IT!!!!!!   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:44 pm

As of today I am officially under contract!!!! Whoooo hOOOOOO! cheers

It"s a rambler with a fully finished basement. The seller bought it and flipped it. It has all new floors, carpet and tile; new bathrooms; new cabinets GRANITE COUNTERTOPS!!!!, new appliances, although I'll have to shell out for a fridge. Surprised

The bedrooms are a little smaller than I like, but there are 5 of then or 4 and an extra room. It has a HUGE MARBLE WOOD-BURNING FIREPLACE in the basement. So I won't have to have the heat on much down there. Very Happy But I get CENTRAL AIR CONDIITONING!!! jump

The yard could be bigger, but that' is because I'd like a half-acre to garden on. Heheheh. Shocked And there is a shed out back. It's kewl.

When I get hooked up to the internet with my new zoomy computer and a cable modum, I will send pics!! sunny

Cross your fingers for me on the inspection.

sMOOCHIES

Cerri
Back to top Go down
OddEvie

OddEvie

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:33 am

cheers cheers flower cheers cheers

Good luck!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:36 am

and on top of that, she put down Ernest T Bass money Razz
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:58 pm

YAY!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:21 pm

MMMM, Granite countertops and a wood burning fireplace!

Sounds really awesome. Hope the inspection goes well.
Back to top Go down
HPCerri

PostSubject: WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:15 pm

I am now the proud owner of a huge mortgage!! What a Face

Oh yeah, and a house too. rofl
clap clap clap
Yay! It all came togethe about 3 weeks before I was expecting it too, so now I have power and gas on at both places, and won't move for another 12 days. Shocked
It's a cute ranch/rambler with tow decent sized bedrooms and three tiny things they CALL bedrooms, but wouldn't fit more than a crib. Geez. But I can fill them up! Hmmmm Craft room, puzzle room, Barbie room (dislpay only, except when the nieces come and bring their barbies to play) hehehe

And to top all this off..............................................

I have the H1N1/swine flu. Yay.
That is my costume for Halloween--pig ears and nose "I'm the Swine Flu"!!

anyways...

Smooches,

Cerri
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:54 pm

Yay for getting a house! clap clap
Boo for swine flu! We caught it at ComicCon and it wasn't fun. :/ Crying or Very sad

But yay for the house!!!!!
clap clap jump clap clap cheers clap clap
Back to top Go down
HPCerri

PostSubject: Well, it's time...   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:49 am

I will be moving tomorrow and Thursday, so I won't be around for a bit, till I get settled in.

I will also be using a different ISP, so I'll have to re-register with yuku, I imagine.

See ya soon!!!

Cerri Butt
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 pm

sign in should be the same
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:11 pm

See ya soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cerri's House Hunting Delights   Cerri's House Hunting Delights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cerri's House Hunting Delights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Still Bored :: Main nonsense :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: