Still Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Still Bored

Chit chat, silliness, griping

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Slopmaster

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:09 pm

The other day I was thinking why am I so suborn when it comes to buying new shoes even when I need them. I have no problem with buying a new pair of pants, shirts or even boxers (get those dirty thoughts out right now while you can) either on a whim or when I need them. But shoes I have a very difficult time making my self getting a new pair of shoes.

I think what it is is that I have a special relationship with my shoes. I realize that sounds silly and it kind of is but read me out on this one. Most people (normal people) only wear one shirt, a pair of pants socks, underwear (damn giggles from the peanut gallery) once then put them in the laundry basket to wear again at another time.

However, we just don't throw shoes in the basket unless your a woman in which case you one pair for each day (Yeah I wrote it, its a fact so look it up) but anyway in my case I have one pair of tennis shoes I wear when I am not at work then one pair of dress shoes when I am at work. I wear those dress shoes for at least a good 10 hours day and no I don't work that much, I just get to work early and don't get home till an hour later.

So given how much time I spend in my shoes it seems as though I have developed a peculiar attachment to them. Maybe I just like things that are broken in and the idea of getting something new that doesn't know my feet and I my feet are the reason I stand up everyday or they give me the ability to flee from danger. Whatever the reason I just don't like shopping for new shoes but given the state of my current pair of dress shoes I had better do it soon.

Last edited by Slopmaster on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Number of posts : 1771
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:17 pm

I have a pair of dress 'tennis' shoes I haven't even worn yet. I have a worn in pair and several pairs of tennies. I mostly wear those dress house shoes everywhere. I like how thin the soles are and it makes me walk correctly.

So, buy a few pairs over time, call it 'stocking up'. Take your time and find a pair you like. Mostly it's the price of shoes that gets me but those house shoes are only $10 Razz I pay less than $30 for my tennies.
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:05 am

I think comfy old shoes are special.

I don't have a pair for every day of the week. I like my comfy old ones too. Smile

There's even an old saying..."like a comfortable old shoe"..
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 1:05 pm

I have a lot of shoes but I also have a really hard time throwing them away when I really should. Silly because some are worn out and I would never be seen in them.

*Must let the old shoes go.*

Maybe I should have a funeral and bury them. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts
Page 1 of 1