Still Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Still Bored

Chit chat, silliness, griping

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Booty Call!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Number of posts : 1771
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 1:37 pm

anyone get lai.... uh.. I mean.. what didja get for Christmas??? Laughing

I got a Keurig single cup coffee maker...

http://www.singleservecoffee.com/archives/021528.php

You take those creamer looking things and stick them in the center thing that lifts up, hit one of the cup size buttons and it brews. The lil thing ya plop them in punches a hole in the top and bottom with a serious horse needle. Laughing

A cellphone looking universal remote that controls 4 units and a touch dimmer switch thing. You plug the lamp into it and when you touch the lamp, the light increases.

Now... I have 3 coffee makers... My Braun espresso maker, Hamilton Beach Brew Station, new model and the Keurig thingy Laughing

I'm having the kona now, it's rather dern tasty!
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 1:59 am

From my oldest kid I got tickets to see this with my youngest kid - was actrually really fun, cooler than I expected!

http://www.dinosaurlive.com/

My mom got me this:

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=175633&prrfnbr=206469&pcgrfnbr=191354

It came with the cutest little glass teapot and some tea leaves sewn into flower shapes. You put hot water on it and the flower "blooms"! Coolest thing to watch.

and the tea is really really good.

For my kids I got the oldest a camera (really nice HD one) and for my youngest I got a computer drawing tablet (a really nice one that she can do pretty fancy stuff with - she's making cartoons and illustrations with the neatest coloring).

I got such good deals on that stuff I almost felt guilty for being so cheap, but they were really good quality, just was marked down way low in the competition. Glad I waited, could have paid nearly triple a few months ago!
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:01 am

I am addicted to Kona coffee now since you mentioned it that first time on here.

Single cup coffee makers are nice. That way I'm not tempted to keep drinking it and end up staying up all night!

I bet your cats will dim your lights and turn them on. My cats scared the heck out of me when I first had my dimmer lamp, thought someone had broken in the house, lol!
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:57 am

Yep, the cats have already turned on the light, but I knew it was them cause it's in the middle of one of their 'paths' Razz

Yeah, real Kona coffee is great, really, the coffee that got me drinking coffee Razz

I don't like the Kcup brands they have, they're too bitter, like they're trying to bring back Folger's Laughing
Back to top Go down
OddEvie

OddEvie

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 1:06 pm

I got lots of blouses. I asked for them... mine are "shrinking" for some reason. affraid Sad

Some DVDs, computer games, and a couple of books as well.

I think my favorite thing was this:

http://www.planetary.org/news/2008/0502_Send_Your_Name_to_the_Moon_on_LRO.html

My sister did this for every member of our family. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 4:01 pm

PRetty cool.

I'd like to donate my body to be placed on the surface of the moon when I die so they can watch it rot in the vacuum of space and see what solar winds do to it Razz
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

Number of posts : 265

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:54 am

I got the flu. Sad
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Get well soon MoD!! chicken dance upside down banana chicken dance

I got an internet outtage of sorts on Christmas day and it still isn't fixed. Speed is way down and surfing is like dialup or slower damn Suspect Evil or Very Mad Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:29 am

OddEvie wrote:

I think my favorite thing was this:

http://www.planetary.org/news/2008/0502_Send_Your_Name_to_the_Moon_on_LRO.html

My sister did this for every member of our family. Very Happy

Neato! Smile
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:29 am

mistressofdoom wrote:
I got the flu. Sad

Oh man! Not fun. Sad

Hope you feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:56 pm

PeaceMarauder wrote:

I got an internet outtage of sorts on Christmas day and it still isn't fixed. Speed is way down and surfing is like dialup or slower damn Suspect Evil or Very Mad Exclamation

grrr. Now mine is doing that off and on.

Must be a major problem out there somewhere in internet land.
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:17 pm

got disgusted with it so reset everything

shut down all puters

cut power to router

cut power to modem

even unhooked the cable leading to the modem (remembered from instructions last time I called tech on it - hard to believe that makes a difference but I hate not having my fast net so if they told me to do a rain dance I would).

waited 5 minutes

turned everthing back on and it seems to be up to speed for now.

Me without internet is a bad bad thing.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:53 pm

I did that a few times. Didn't help Evil or Very Mad But everytime there's a problem, which is often, I do it to make sure it's not my stuff before I get all huffy Razz I work up a full report, pings, packet loss, times, internet speeds ( www.speedtest.net and www.speakeasy.net bottom right corner) and then we start guessing where the problem is. The techs know to call before coming out for a scheduled visit cause they normally find the problem before that, so yesterday he called, they hadn't isolated the problem, then at 2:05pm today my net started zinging again and Vick called at 4pm. I gave him the stats rundown and everything seemed to be working so we're done til next time Laughing

I did clean up my C drive, 30gb free space now instead of the 5... barely enough for write space but there's like 80gb free on I drive, plenty of write space for surfing. Razz
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:27 pm

Here's my list of reboot:

1. shut down all computers
2. unplug modem and router
3. unscrew cable, hold thumb against center cable and screw cap for 5 seconds (discharges any static)
4. plug in modem, let it fully reset.
5. plug in router
6. Bring up machines one at a time
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:59 pm

I didn't know about he static thing - will add that to my list!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Booty Call!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booty Call!!!!   Booty Call!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Booty Call!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Still Bored :: Main nonsense :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: