Still Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Still Bored

Chit chat, silliness, griping

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

At Last I Shall Have My Revenge

Go down 
+2
PeaceMarauder
Slopmaster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Slopmaster

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-05

At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Empty
PostSubject: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:49 pm

Eight weeks ago...

After I moved to Montana from AZ my mom suggested that I volunteer at the thrift store where she works. I considered it then decided it was a good idea and so there I was working hard in the loading dock for a very busy thrift store. I had little or no ambition to do anything else, I just liked the work and one day out of the blue it was suggested that I fill out an application because a position might open up. So I filled out the application, attached my resume and placed in my supervisors in box.

Five weeks ago....

A fellow dock hand was terminated for stealing from the store or so that was the rumor. In short this means that a spot had opened up and now all I need do is go through the interview process. I had the backing of several supervisors or so I thought to get the job. I never like to believe in a 100 percent certain outcome of any situation but I allowed my self to believe in it if just this once. I had good reason to believe that I would get it but as it turned out, my expectations were about to take a nose dive.

4 weeks ago...

A week elapsed following the interview and I still had no answer as to weather or not I got the job. Though I was confident I still had no wish to rock the boat and so it followed that one week later my confidence was in error. I did not get the job and did not understand why even though my supervisor attempted an explation. It was an explanation that would make it's self entirely clear until the following week.

3 weeks ago...

I let my supervisors know that I was not going to volunteer any longer and the supvervisor with the vague explantion didn't seem to care. However one of the supervisors did seem concerned and the lack of concern from the other supervisor seem to upset him just as much. So that was that and I walked away.

2 days later...

My mom comes home after work and lets me know that apparently this kid who was hired over me was bragging that his mother is on the board of directors for the store. It was all to clear to my while despite the backing of those in management and spectacular volunteer record I was passed over, politics plain and simple. So I let it go and moved on to other things but this story was not over quite yet.

2 days ago...

According to my mom the kid who was hired over me is still bragging about his mom being on the board of directors. This according to her is pissing off the other dock works. Now, weather this is because I didn't get hired or just because they had to work hard to get their jobs is unclear. It's likely owed to the fact that they had to work to get their jobs and he didn't, it was handed to him.

Yesterday...

My mom tells me that there is going to be a round of drug testing for the dock workers due to suspicion of use. According to the one supervisor who really wanted me to work back there some are rather nervous about this testing. He informed my mother that if any of them were to be fired that he would push to get me hired. I don't doubt his sincerity and he is one of the few people I have worked for that I trust.

However, despite his backing the last time I still got screwed out of a job I was completely qualified for because this kid had a mother in high places. Anyway, it looks as though I may have another shot at this job I lost the first time but I remain skeptical and am reasonably certain that another criminal or relitive of highly placed contributor will get the job I should have. So it may turn out that revenge will not be mine after all but I can allow my self to hope, just a little.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Number of posts : 1771
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Or you can go on a shooting spree on the docks and open up several jobs! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 pm

Hah! Neck shame on u, lol!

I bet the drug testing may open up more than one job there!
Back to top Go down
OddEvie

OddEvie

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:21 pm

Good luck!! sunny
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Yeah, hope you get the job Slopmaster!
Back to top Go down
HPCerri

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:09 pm

Hehehehehehe! Just before the drug test, get some pot, grind it up really fine, go get everyone coffee and put it in the coffee. Then take it to all the guys you want revenge on,.

Bwahahahahahah!

I'm sympathetic to ya SDlop. Just found out that the stupid, lazy, won't-do-anything-extra girls up front in the bakery got a raise. None of us in the back who regularly work late, stay to get the work done, go the extra mile , haven't had a raise in almost 3 years. Makes ya want to hit someone.

Smoochies,
Cerri
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:53 pm

How aggravating, Cerri!

confused
Back to top Go down
Slopmaster

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:40 pm

HPCerri wrote:
Hehehehehehe! Just before the drug test, get some pot, grind it up really fine, go get everyone coffee and put it in the coffee. Then take it to all the guys you want revenge on,.

Bwahahahahahah!

I'm sympathetic to ya SDlop. Just found out that the stupid, lazy, won't-do-anything-extra girls up front in the bakery got a raise. None of us in the back who regularly work late, stay to get the work done, go the extra mile , haven't had a raise in almost 3 years. Makes ya want to hit someone.

Smoochies,
Cerri

In another life and in another job my boss had me read this book called "Built To Last". Basically it was about all these great companies that had been created in the 20th century and are still around. Anyway, the line that keeps coming up over and over again is "business is business" and in theory, thats a great philosphy to live by. However, in the real world most employeers don't follow that line. They seem to base all or most of their decsions on how they feel about certain people. I call this "The Highschool Approach To Business" Most work places seem to operate based on clicks rather than a common sense approach to making your business suceed.

I understand that an important part of running a business is having people you can work with but that isn't always a given. Sometimes the people who don't like are the ones who give you the best results. But again, most managers would rather have friends rather than actual assets. A guy I used to work for once told me "Attitude I Can Work With, Everything Else Is Process" He wasn't a great manager by any means but at least he meant well and did his best for the business he was in.

This volunteer job I'm referencing in this post is based on a highschool mentality. They seem to have little or no interest in keeping the best people around, only those they can either push around or that they like. I can't imagine how a business can thrive under those conditions but somehow they do. Come to think of it, maybe they only just get by and don't really reach their potential. Could it by why business in the US is going elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Yes, yes and yes!

I read a survey about why people are fired and it was nearly 100% some sort of personality conflict, nothing at all to do with whether they were good at their work or not.

Explains why most in management are incompetent and simply make a habit of brown-nosing.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:06 pm

You rise to the level of your incompetency.
Back to top Go down
Slopmaster

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:24 pm

PeaceMarauder wrote:

"Reagan said he's going to get rid of incompetence in goverment but where are all these people going to work?"

-Leo Gallagaher in Gallagher: The Bookkeeper (1985)
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Slopmaster wrote:
PeaceMarauder wrote:

"Reagan said he's going to get rid of incompetence in goverment but where are all these people going to work?"

-Leo Gallagaher in Gallagher: The Bookkeeper (1985)
Obama has shovel ready jobs, they should shovel the shit outta the capitol Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At Last I Shall Have My Revenge   At Last I Shall Have My Revenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At Last I Shall Have My Revenge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Still Bored :: Main nonsense :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: