Still Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Still Bored

Chit chat, silliness, griping

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A double murder in my tiny town

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Starfireone

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-10-29

A double murder in my tiny town Empty
PostSubject: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Sometimes I forget how amazingly safe my town really is. A few days ago I heard sirens, semed like every cop in town flew down the street by my house. I live on the opposite of main street and on the other side of the highway is downtown, only about 5 blocks down.

It's a resort town, right on the lake with a nice beach, busy in summer with yachts coming into town from Lake Michigan.

There was a huge thunderstorm in the afternoon with driving rain and loud wind coming in off the lake. Sometime during that storm someone walked into a jewelry store (one that had been in town for years and years) and shot the owner and a long-time customer.

The guy seems to have no enemies, even used to come down on the price of his stuff, was a sweet old man.

Apparently nobody heard anything becuase of the storm. It's really a mystery because there was cash lying out and the safe was open, none of the jewelry seems to be missing. The man's daughter left for lunch, came back an hour and a half later and found him, didn't even know there was a customer in there too which they found dead later.

Forensic Files needs to do a show on this one.

I'm not really afraid or anything because this is the first shooting in 14 years - incredible really. I still lock my doors, always have. I do hope they find who did it soon.
Back to top Go down
OddEvie

OddEvie

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:10 pm

affraid Yikes! Be careful! affraid

Unfortunately, I'm somewhat jaded in that regard. Crime goes hand-in-hand with metropolitan areas. Heh! We have things like Charlie Manson and OJ (oops!... I mean that other culprit... that OJ was gonna find... hmmm... still waiting, aren't we?)

I'm glad you lock your doors. I remember, once upon a time when I was but a child, when we could actually leave our doors unlocked. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Number of posts : 1771
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 5:58 am

With the 2nd amendment firmly reaffirmed, get yourself a handgun and a C&C permit. Take some safety classes and self defense and you'll be set.

I used to leave my trailer doors unlocked so if someone tried to break in, they wouldn't break the door Razz They all woulda been in there if they knew I had 20k inside in cash Laughing They used to call me Chevy for having uncashed paychecks laying around Suspect
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

PostSubject: Re: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:24 pm

Yeah, I hava a friend bugging me to get my C&C permit. It's overkill for this town, but I do spend a lot of time in Chicago and Detroit so it would probably be time well spent. I love to practice shooting too.

I still feel very safe here, but I have city habits.

My daughters and I took self defense classes a couple years ago and they taught us to fight dirty, going for eyeballs and anything we could get to. I think I could if I had to.

About the doors, I'm shocked at the people who still leave everything unlocked here though. To me that's asking for trouble. I don't think I would sleep well. I like things locked up.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:48 am

You won't know if you can attack until the time arises. It comes natural to me because it pisses me off when someone accosts me I make them pay for it.

I will play along with the assailant if someone is with me until I know they are out of harms way.

This is why I do not own a gun, I would not hesitate to shoot.

I leave the doors unlocked here cause I can't lock them Razz I'd have to take out the petdoor plank but it looks like it's solid Razz I also live 50 miles past the middle of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
OddEvie

OddEvie

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:02 pm

Any more news about the culprit?

Inquiring minds...

Question
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

PostSubject: Re: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:05 pm

They have one suspect with a fingerprint match, but the store is so full of fingerprints from customers and coin and jewelry dealers it could be just a false lead.

Thats the last I heard.

Unbelievable somebody could do this in the middle of the day and not be seen leaving the store by someone. They think the storm masked all the noise and everything though. It still seems really suspicious too - sort of like it was planned just to kill the poor old man for some reason because there was so much valuable stuff left behind and not much missing.
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

PostSubject: Re: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:48 pm

Well it may finally have been solved. Two brothers are accoused of shooting the owner and a customer who happened to be there and were interrupted before they could take much, so robbery was the motive.

Trial is happening soon so will be very interesting to see how this plays out.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:17 pm

DRAMA!!!!!

A kid I went to school with who is now Mayor of Gulfport, Ms. was just indicted for fraud of the government for Katrina damage Razz

Mississippi mayor indicted on Katrina fraud charges

Associated Press Reporting

The mayor of Gulfport, an area hit hard by Hurricane Katrina, has been charged along with his wife in a 16-count federal indictment related to an allegedly false claim for Katrina disaster assistance.

Mayor Brent Warr issued a statement Wednesday saying the charges have nothing to do with his role as mayor and he will continue to run the city.

Warr and his wife, Laura, pleaded not guilty after a brief hearing Wednesday in federal court.

Warr said in the prepared statement that the investigation has been ongoing for a year and he hopes for a quick resolution.

The Warrs are charged with conspiring to defraud the federal government, filing a false claim for disaster assistance and making false statements to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, among other things.

http://www.wwl.com/Mississippi-mayor-indicted-on-Katrina-fraud-charge/3741890
Back to top Go down
mistressofdoom

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:51 pm

My neighbor got hauled away last week, and the week before that the couple living on the other side of his house got taken in too. I have been seeing lots of my neighbors' mug shots lately on the county sheriff website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A double murder in my tiny town   A double murder in my tiny town Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A double murder in my tiny town
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Still Bored :: Main nonsense :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: