Still Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Still Bored

Chit chat, silliness, griping

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going to see Star Trek?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Starfireone

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Going to see Star Trek? Empty
PostSubject: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:04 pm

I wanted to see it as soon as it opened but my kids want to go too. My youngest is in middle school and comes home exhausted and grumpy, so decided to go Saturday.

There's no IMAX here so driving 45 min. to the theater. Tickets were damn expensive (at least more than in my little town), cost me around $45 for the three of us even with the kids discount for my 12 year old. Worth it though I do believe! I love space movies in high def. (really the only type of movie I insist on going to the big screen for anymore).

I know it won't be as good as Lexx Wink but I do think it may be a fun one.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

Number of posts : 1771
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:10 pm

I decided to watch Lost since I started seeing random eps on scifi... dl'd them in HD... I'm almost caught up, I probably will be before the next ep on regular tv Razz

Man, 9gb per season, so I dumped them when I'd finish them since it's only a so-so show. It was a lot better just watching them in a bunch Razz

Yeah, I wanna see ST.. don't know when I'll go though but I have a full tank of gas Laughing
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Yeesh... I wonder if I'll have any money left... renewed my driver's license, car tags and got the special kitty tag for a donation of $25 extra for taking care of critters in the state, insurance and just got 2 tires on the truck. Oh, trying to get Zif in to be fixed too Razz I did manage to get a 12 pack of Negra Modelo for my bday though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Slopmaster

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Me and my brother are going to see it today, I'm quite excited but I may get in a fight with a nerd or two since I'm not a huge fan of the original series, sorry DS9 takes that prize, now and forever. Anyway when we get back I'll post a small review.
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:39 am

I just got back.

I loved it! It was all I hoped for and more.
Back to top Go down
Starfireone

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:06 pm

PeaceMarauder wrote:
I decided to watch Lost since I started seeing random eps on scifi... dl'd them in HD... I'm almost caught up, I probably will be before the next ep on regular tv Razz

Man, 9gb per season, so I dumped them when I'd finish them since it's only a so-so show. It was a lot better just watching them in a bunch :

Isn't the internet the best thing ever?

I love watching a series all at once in a weekend marathon. Makes it really fun and you don't have to suffer through al the darn commercials and stuff.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Starfireone wrote:
PeaceMarauder wrote:

Man, 9gb per season, so I dumped them when I'd finish them since it's only a so-so show. It was a lot better just watching them in a bunch :

Isn't the internet the best thing ever?

I love watching a series all at once in a weekend marathon. Makes it really fun and you don't have to suffer through al the darn commercials and stuff.
Makes me want to just wait til the season's over to watch the last 2 eps Razz
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:03 pm

hehehe it's Spock on an ep of Bonanza! He's playing a pimp part Razz

episode: The Ape
Back to top Go down
OddEvie

OddEvie

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Finally got to see this today. Very good! Reasonable background stories for the characters. Some parts were a little (or a LOT) iffy, in regard to the original series, but I can overlook that. It was an entertaining film.

One item that bugged me: I wish that the actor who played Chekov had darker hair. I was having a problem accepting him as a younger Walter Koenig.

All in all: cheers
Back to top Go down
PeaceMarauder
N-File
PeaceMarauder

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:00 am

Going to see Star Trek? 100_0983

My Star Trek usb flash drive I got with 8 tokens off cereal boxes Laughing

Ok.... I just saw this and I haven't seen this anywhere.....

FUCKING KUMAR IS SULU!!!!!!!

This means.....

KIRK AND SULU GO TO WHITE CASTLE!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OddEvie

OddEvie

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:47 pm

affraid Razz affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Star Trek?   Going to see Star Trek? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to see Star Trek?
Page 1 of 1